Over the last month my Facebook habits have changed dramatically. As a result of my changes I have noticed that I am sleeping better, I am more relaxed, and I am more present with those around me.
Here is what I have done:
1. I post primarily family stuff.
2. I intentionally do not post about politics as I would prefer the in person conversation.
3. The only religion stuff I post is my own writing (because I’m a pastor and all).
4. I no longer post about sports (unless it is my own kids).
5. I try to avoid commenting on political, religious, and sports posts (this weekend I made the poor decision to comment on a sports post).
6. If I do comment and the conversation goes sideways (which it almost always does) I turn off notifications for that post.
7. I unfollow people who are consistently filling my timeline with negativity.
8. I turned off Facebook notifications on my phone. I only look at FB when I choose. Not when the little number demands me to look.
If you’re looking for a little FB peace and happiness, this might help.